Firstly, let’s try to understand what feminism is. If you check the dictionary for the definition of feminism, you will see all these:
1. Feminism is the advocacy of women’s right on the basis of the equality of sexes
2. Feminism is the theory of the political, economic and social equality of the sexes
3. Feminism is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities
4. Feminism is the doctrine advocating social, political and other rights of women equal to those of men.
Feminism is a confused Ideology that takes away more from women than it gives them. It is so contradictory in its attempt if fixing unbroken things. Feminists have done more I establishing the inferiority of the female gender than men. Feminism advocates equality which can be injustice at times. It is proven logically that equality does no good to both genders. Equity is what works. In which case, none is superior to the other. Everyone has a unique role to which they are most suited.
A man would fail terribly at or at least struggle with child bearing and a woman’s physiology may not withstand certain physical extremes a man can. Not because any is superior to the other but because each has different strengths. Feminism tries so hard and desperate to portray these natural differences as inequality. It is allowing men and women to take up roles that expose women’s weaknesses.
Why are there so many fears associated with feminism?
Feminism has been associated with strong, angry and forceful women, and our society continues to punishes forceful women
1. People fear that feminism will mean that men will eventually lose out of power, influence, impact, authority, control and economic opportunities.
2. People fear that feminism will overturn time-honoured traditions. Religious beliefs and established gender roles, and that feels scary and wrong
3. Many people fear that feminism will bring about negative shifts in relationships, marriage, society, culture, power and authority dynamics, and in business, job and economic opportunities if and when women are on equal footing with men
4. The fear of many people is that they believe feminists want to control the world and put men down.
Now, let’s look at what feminism is and what it is not:
There is a common misunderstanding that feminist are reverse sexists who oppress women, feminists do not seek to oppress men rather they seek equal opportunities, compensation and treatment for both genders. Feminism seeks to achieve equal treatment and opportunity for women and men in order to achieve similar opportunities across different fields of work and culture and equal respect in every variety of roles. Feminists theories often explore the concept with regard to which of the women’s experience are taken as normative: Do women of different races, classes, age groups, etc. experience inequality in significantly different ways or is the common experience as women more important?
In conclusion, the goal of Feminism is to create non-discrimination, which is essential for creating equality to ensure that no one is denied their rights due to factors such as race, gender identity, political or other beliefs, nationality, social origin, class or wealth status.